Today we rolled out the latest version of WeVideo, which has several new features, many of which will appeal to education users. The WeVideo platform has been significantly improved, for enterprise administrators to easily navigate and manage multiple projects, users, and licenses.
New WeVideo features
We are really listening to our user community and we have improved the usability and robustness a lot on our products with this release.
Easy sharing on the WeVideo Hub
WeVideo users can now publish to a Wevideo.com page for sharing their video, without needing to use YouTube for publishing. In the v3.2 release, we have extended the WeVideo Video Creation Platform with a consumption and viewing experience so people who aren’t the creators can have access to the group’s video project.
We have updated the Hub so you can easily share your video projects. You can just send a link to friends, colleagues or customers and they will have access to the video whether they are on their smartphone, tablet or personal computer. You can also make the video public so everybody has access to it.
Flexible text editing
When it comes to Themes, we have now added creative control by providing the ability to change text formatting while maintaining the simplicity and visual uniformity of Themes. You also now have the ability to add and remove multiple title clips. The Themes now have the option to add an end / credits clip. All of this while maintaining the uniform styling of Themes.
We are not stopping there. Very soon, you will also be getting font type support!
Improved editing UI for the Timeline editor
With the last releases, we have made editing a lot easier for our sophisticated video creators. We asked our UI/UX Designer (AKA “Design Overlord”) Nikolay Tchaouchev to give you a sneak peek:
- We removed the distinction between video, graphics, and text – now they are all just video tracks
- Automatic stacking of tracks when having overlapping clips with visualization during editing
- Full screen and fluid interface to meet the needs of any editor – whether they need a large preview window or more tracks on screen
In this release we have taken usability one step further:
- Improved clip editing so Edit and Delete actions always will be visible without scrolling, regardless of your zoom resolution
- Improved UI for editing clip opacity and volume
Inline Video Help
If you need help while using WeVideo, simply type in your issue and context-relevant videos will be recommended, to help you along.
Three new themes
The new Game Over, BlackSplash and Jazz Club themes bring great additional styling options, just as easily applied as the existing Themes in WeVideo.
We are launching all WeVideo tutorials and tips on a unique YouTube video channel, to enable all help resources to be easily accessible in one place online. See the WeVideo Academy here.
New features in the Education version:
- Elevated project management. Educators can now group individuals, view and comment on student work, and monitor the progress of video projects.
- Broader collaboration. Each classroom license now allows collaboration for up to 50 people on unlimited projects. Please note this advanced feature is no longer supported in the Free version.
- Easy organization. Educators can now access and organize classroom video projects and media files on their WeVideo Hub (homepage).
- Centralized accounts. School administrators can now centrally manage staff and student accounts.
- Premium editing features. Users can now experience more editing tools, including advanced cropping and scaling capabilities.
For more information see our WeVideo Education page.
Hands-on with WeVideo Education
If you want to experience all the new enterprise features for Educators, sign up for a free 30-day trial. You’ll have all the functionality of the full paid Education product to try out first-hand.
WeVideo will be demonstrating at the ISTE® (International Society for Technology in Education) 2013 Conference on June 23-26 in San Antonio, TX. If you are going, swing by booth #5213 – we’ll be there throughout the conference to answer any questions you have.
Special Education Pricing Offer
We now have a simplified pricing model for educators: $149.00 per classroom (up to 50 users) for six months (semester) or $249.00 per year (annual) when paid in advance. For schools who subscribe before August 1, 2013, WeVideo is offering a special promotion of $99.99 per classroom (up to 50 users) for the first six-month semester, or $199.99 for the first year. Schools can purchase subscriptions with the educational discount by visiting www.wevideo.com/education.
Additional Licenses, and Extra Capacity for video exports and storage space are available on our WeVideo store pages. Licenses can be purchased by the number of seats required, to optimize your budget, with a volume discount for Education automatically calculated.